Swallow the air
General Capabilities evident across the unit include Literacy, Information and communication technology capability, Critical and creative thinking, Personal and social capability, Ethical understanding, and Intercultural understanding.
The cross-curriculum priority highlighted in this unit is Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories and culture.
The content in this unit of work links to the Australian Curriculum: English Senior Secondary (Unit 2).
Compare texts in a variety of contexts, mediums and modes by:
|Investigate the representation of ideas, attitudes and voices in texts including:
|Analyse and evaluate how and why responses to texts vary through:
- the impact of language and structural choices on shaping own and others’ perspectives (ACEEN028)
- the ways ideas, attitudes and voices are represented, for example, how events are reported differently in the media (ACEEN029)
- analysing changing responses to texts over time and in different cultural contexts. (ACEEN031)
|Create a range of texts:
- using imaginative, interpretive and persuasive elements for different purposes, contexts and audiences (ACEEN032)
- experimenting with text structures, language features and multimodal devices (ACEEN033)
- developing and sustaining voice, tone and style (ACEEN034)
- selecting and applying appropriate textual evidence to support arguments (ACEEN035)
- using strategies for planning, drafting, editing and proofreading (ACEEN036)
- using accurate spelling, punctuation, syntax and metalanguage. (ACEEN037)
|Reflect on their own and others’ texts by:
- analysing the values and attitudes expressed in texts (ACEEN038)
- evaluating the effectiveness of texts in representing ideas, attitudes and voices (ACEEN039)
- explaining how and why texts position readers and viewers. (ACEEN040)
Source for content descriptions above: Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority (ACARA).