THE GARRET: Charlotte Wood
General Capabilities evident across the unit include Literacy, Personal and social capability, Ethical understanding and Critical and creative thinking.
Content descriptions below link to Australian Curriculum: Literature (Unit 2).
|Literature Unit 2
Analyse and reflect on the relationships between authors, texts and contexts including:
- the ways in which texts are influenced by other texts and by contexts (ACELR019)
- how the choice and combinations of mode, medium and form transform texts (ACELR021)
- the ways in which informed reading influences interpretation of texts. (ACELR022)
|Compare and evaluate the form, language and content of literary texts including:
- the ways in which texts resemble and refer to other texts, for example, through parody, imitation, appropriation and transformation, and the ways in which adaptations of earlier texts allow new insights into original texts (ACELR024)
- the use of literary techniques, for example, poetic, dramatic and narrative structure and devices (ACELR027)
|Create imaginative texts:
- integrating real and imagined experiences by selecting and adapting particular aspects of texts to create new texts (ACELR033)
- using analysis of literary texts to inform imaginative response (ACELR034)
- transforming texts studied in one medium or genre to another for different audiences and purposes (ACELR035)
- reflecting on the significance and effects of variations to texts. (ACELR036)