Join Reading Australia’s Colouring Competition during National Literacy Week!
My Two Blankets, written by Irena Kobald and illustrated by Freya Blackwood, has been selected for this year’s National Literacy and Numeracy Week as the ‘Read for Australia’ book. ‘Read for Australia’ is a national simultaneous reading event, where students and teachers, parents and children, across the country, all read the same book on the same day.
To celebrate, illustrator Freya Blackwood has designed a colouring sheet based on the illustrations of this award-winning picture book. The best three entries will receive a prize pack made up of five books illustrated by Freya.
To enter the competition, simply:
- Download the colouring page and hand it out to your students
- Snap a picture of their work (no people to be included in shot)
- Share your shot, including the name of your school, on Facebook (by tagging @ReadingAustralia) or Twitter (by tagging @ReadinAustralia) with the hashtag #RABlackwoodComp
Alternatively, you can email entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
By entering you’re agreeing to the terms and conditions:
- This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon individual creativity.
- All entries become and remain the property of the promoter and agencies associated with this promotion (The Copyright Agency and subsidiaries).
- Three winners will be judged as the best from all entries. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Contest closes 16 September, 2016. Winners will be notified by 5pm 30 September.
- Each winner will receive a prize pack containing copies of Amy and Louis, The Treasure Box, The Terrible Suitcase, My Two Blankets and Banjo and Ruby Red, worth a value of $106.95.
- The prize is non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash.
For more information of National Literacy and Numeracy Week, visit their website.