Alex Miller is twice winner of Australia’s premier literary prize, the Miles Franklin Literary Award. He is a Fellow of the Australian Academy of the Humanities and a recipient of the Centenary Medal for an outstanding contribution to Australian cultural life.
His books and awards include:
- The Ancestor Game, awarded the Miles Franklin Literary Prize and the Commonwealth Writer’s Prize in 1993
- Conditions of Faith, awarded the Christina Stead Prize for Fiction in the 2001 NSW Premier’s Awards
- Journey to the Stone Country, awarded the Miles Franklin Literary Prize in 2003
- Landscape of Farewell, awarded the 2008 Chinese Annual Foreign Novels 21st Century Award for Best Novel and the Manning Clark Medal for an outstanding contribution to Australian cultural life
- Lovesong, awarded the Christina Stead Prize for Fiction in the 2011 NSW Premier’s Awards
- Autumn Laing, awarded the Melbourne Prize for Literature in 2012
Coal Creek, awarded the 2014 Victorian Premier’s Literary Award.
For show notes and the transcript, please visit The Garret website.