From separate catastrophes two rural families flee to the city and find themselves sharing a great, breathing, shuddering joint called Cloudstreet, where they begin their lives again from scratch. For twenty years they roister and rankle, laugh and curse until the roof over their heads becomes a home for their hearts. Tim Winton’s funny, sprawling saga is an epic novel of love and acceptance. Winner of the Miles Franklin and NBC Awards in Australia, Cloudstreet is a celebration of people, places and rhythms which has fuelled imaginations world-wide.
- Winner 1991 Banjo Award for Australian Literature for Fiction
- Winner 1992 The Miles Franklin Literary Award Prize for Writing for young Adults
- Winner 2012 W.A. Premier’s Book Award for Cloudstreet (the screenplay)
- Joint Winner 1992 W.A. Premier’s Book Award for Fiction
- Shortlisted 1991 Colin Roderick Award for Best Book
- Shortlisted 1992 3M Talking Book Award NSW for Talking Book