Cadel Piggott is a seven-year-old genius with a knack for systems. He can do just about anything: disable home security systems, hack into government databases and commit credit card fraud. But when he gets in trouble with the police his parents are forced to take him to a therapist, Dr Thaddeus Roth. But Thaddeus is not who he seems and introduces the young Cadel to a world of genetically enhanced misfits who are determined to take over the world. It is only when Cadel meets Sonja, a disabled girl with a powerful mind that can match only his, that his emotions start to catch up with his intellect. But is it too late? Will the forces of evil subsume even this super-intelligent genius, as his whole world proves to be a house of cards?
Evil Genius explores the fine line between good and evil in a strange world of manipulation and subterfuge.
- Shortlisted, KOALA (Kids Own Australian Literature Awards) Fiction for Years 7–9, 2011
- Shortlisted, YABBA (Young Australians Best Book Award), Fiction for Years 7–9, 2010
- Winner, Davitt Awards, Young Adult Award, 2006
- Shortlisted, APA Book Deisgn Awards, 2006
- Shortlisted, Publishers Weekly, Best Children’s Book List, 2007