A magnificent and arresting picture book that goes to the heart of human relationships.
Dog and Magpie are friends, but when Fox comes into the bush, everything changes.
This breathtaking story has won acclaim around the world: CBCA Picture Book of the Year; two Premiers’ literary awards; honours in Germany, Brazil, Japan; a shortlisting for the prestigious Kate Greenaway Medal in the UK, and more.
- Winner 2000 APA Design Awards for Scholastic Australia Best Designed Children’s Book
- Winner 2001 Patricia Wrightson Prize for Children’s Literature (NSW Premier’s Literary Awards)
- Winner 2001 Queensland Premier’s Literary Award in the Best Children’s Book category
- Winner 2001 CBCA Picture Book of the Year
- Winner 2004 Deutscher Jugendliteraturpreis (Germany’s Premier Children’s Book Awards)
- Winner 2006 Best Translation for Children in the Brazilian branch of the International board on Books for Young People (IBBY), the Fundacao Nacional do Livro Infantil e Juvenil (FNLIJ)
Click here to read more about Ron Brooks.