Two diverse cultures, countries and families are linked with warmth and charm in this two-in-one picture book.
This innovative picture book comprises two stories designed to be read simultaneously one from the left, the other from the right. Page by page, we experience a day in the lives of two boys and their families. An Australian family, whose way of life strikes a familiar chord, and a family from a far away country with a way of life that differs more than one can imagine. As we read we discover the simple truth that despite these differences we are all the same. We are the mirror of each other.
- Winner 2011 Indie Book Awards for Children
- Winner 2011 CBCA for Picture Books
- Shortlisted 2010 WA Premier’s Literary Awards for Children’s Books
- Shortlisted 2011 NSW Premier’s Literary Awards
- Shortlisted 2011 Australian Book Industry Awards