A young Aboriginal girl is taken from the north of Australia and sent to an institution in the distant south. There, she slowly makes a new life for herself and, in the face of tragedy, finds strength in new friendships.
Poignantly told from the child’s perspective, Sister Heart affirms the power of family and kinship.
- Kids Own Australian Literature Awards (Honour Award 2021)
- Prime Minister’s Literary Award (Winner 2016)
- Children’s Book Council of Australia Book of the Year Awards (Honour Book 2016)
- Victorian Premier’s Literary Awards (Shortlisted 2016)
- Inky Awards (Shortlisted 2016)
- Adelaide Festival Children’s Literature Award (Shortlisted 2018)