To celebrate Reconciliation Week AND the first release of our Indigenous resources created in partnership with Magabala Books, we are giving two primary students in Australia the opportunity to win a stack of books published by Magabala!
In Mad Magpie, written and illustrated by Gregg Dreise, Guluu is an angry magpie who is being teased by a gang of butcher birds. The more he is teased, the angrier he becomes! How will he learn to overcome his anger?
Dreise has designed an incredible colouring sheet exclusive to Reading Australia to accompany the upcoming Mad Magpie resource. It is the perfect activity for Reconciliation Week and your students are sure to love it!
To enter the competition, simply:
- Download the colouring page and hand it out to your students
- Snap a picture or a scan of their work (no people to be included in shot)
- Email entries to: email@example.com
- There are two categories to enter under: Foundation to Year 3, and Year 4 to Year 6.
- When sending in your entries, be sure to include the name of the school, the student’s first name and year level.
- Get your entries in by 5 pm, 9 June.
- Each winner will receive a prize pack containing copies of Mad Magpie, Fog a Dox, Lizard Gang, and Once There Was a Boy.
By entering you’re agreeing to the terms and conditions:
- This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon individual creativity.
- All entries become and remain the property of the promoter and agencies associated with this promotion (The Copyright Agency and subsidiaries).
- One winner will be judged as the best from all entries, in two categories A) Foundation to Year 3 and B) Year 4 to Year 6.The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Contest closes 5 pm 9 June, 2017. Winners will be notified by 5 pm 19 June.
- Each winner will receive a prize pack containing copies of Mad Magpie, Fog a Dox, Lizard Gang, and Once There Was a Boy worth a value of $89.80.
- The prize is non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash.