In a few short months, it will be time to bid farewell to the 2016/17 Children’s Laureate, Mr Leigh Hobbs. He delights young readers and adults alike with his unique style of illustration and ironic manner of writing. Leigh has spent his two years as the Laureate travelling the country ‘to champion creative opportunities for children, and to highlight the essential role libraries play in nurturing our creative lives.’
As a parting gift from the outgoing Laureate to teachers, Leigh has designed a colouring sheet exclusive to Reading Australia. We are giving two primary students in Australia the opportunity to win a stack of books written and illustrated by all the Australian Children Laureates, past and present!
To enter the competition, simply:
- Download the colouring page and hand it out to your students
- Snap a picture or a scan of their work (no people to be included in shot)
- Email entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- There are two categories to enter under: Foundation to Year 3, and Year 4 to Year 6.
- When sending in your entries, be sure to include the name of the school, the student’s first name and year level.
- Get your entries in by 5 pm, 27 October.
- Each winner will receive a prize pack containing copies of The Big Book of Old Tom, Are We There Yet?, Flood, and My Girragundji.
By entering you’re agreeing to the terms and conditions:
- This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon individual creativity.
- All entries become and remain the property of the promoter and agencies associated with this promotion (The Copyright Agency and subsidiaries).
- One winner will be judged as the best from all entries, in two categories A) Foundation to Year 3 and B) Year 4 to Year 6.The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Contest closes 5 pm 27 October, 2017. Winners will be notified by 5 pm 17 November.
- Each winner will receive a prize pack containing copies of The Big Book of Old Tom, Are We There Yet?, Flood, and My Girragundji worth a value of $76.88.
- The prize is non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash.