We are giving away ten $100 Booktopia vouchers to students and their school libraries! This competition is run in partnership with the Australian Library and Information Association and is designed to encourage students to explore Australian books.
Who can enter?
The competition is open to both primary and secondary students. We encourage teachers and librarians to enter on behalf of their students.
How do I enter?
- Download the competition poster to put up in your classroom or school library.
Primary poster (PDF)
Secondary poster (PDF)
- Ask students to pick their favourite Reading Australia book – there are over 300 to choose from!
- Challenge them to describe their chosen book in a catchy ten words or less.
- Send in your students’ entries to firstname.lastname@example.org – they can enter more than once. Don’t forget to include the student’s name, year group and the name of their school.
Examples of possible entries:
- ‘Family takes off in van, has an epic Australian adventure.’ (Are We There Yet? by Alison Lester)
- ‘Two friends (with four names each) ask: what’s a memory?’ (Wilfrid Gordon McDonald Partridge by Mex Fox and Julie Vivas)
- ‘Girl steals books, is loved by the boy who runs.’ (The Book Thief by Markus Zusak)
We would love to see what creative Reading Australia Competition library displays you can come up with, so snap a photo and put it up on Facebook or Twitter with the hashtag #ReadingAustraliaChallenge
Make sure to get your entries in by 5 p.m. EST on 2 July 2018!
Read the terms and conditions.