The Copyright Agency is offering a $15,000 Reading Australia Fellowship for Teachers of English and Literacy to support an experienced teacher in undertaking professional skills development. This is an exciting career-enhancing opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge through a research project, which may be undertaken overseas. The deadline for applications is 1pm EST on 1 March 2019. We’ve put together our best tips to help you submit a winning application on time.
Tips for a good application
- Firstly, do your research. Carefully read through the Fellowship information on the Copyright Agency website. There are some eligibility criteria.
- Read the application in SmartyGrants. You do not have to complete the application in one sitting. You can save and return again to submit before the deadline. We have provided a summary below on the types of information we seek in the application.
- Discuss your project with the Cultural Fund team by calling 02 9394 7623 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make your best case and answer each question succinctly and clearly. Spell check your application before you submit it.
- Make sure you submit support material. Send in your professional CV, a letter of support from your employer and a proposed itinerary.
- Don’t leave it to the last minute to start your application or to submit your application.
- Check the closing date and cut-off time.
- Submit your application early.
- There are no exceptions to the deadline, so plan ahead.
The Application Process
In the SmartyGrants online application form, we ask information, such as:
- The title of your project and when you propose to complete the project by. Your project must start after 14 June 2019 and end by 30 June 2020.
- Whether you have been previously funded and how you heard about the Fellowship.
You must include a brief summary of the project, including specific details about location, meetings, and overall aims. We ask two important questions about your project: how will it benefit you, and how will it benefit the teaching community as a whole?
To support your application, you must provide a professional CV, a letter of support from your employer as well as a proposed itinerary, including an outline of your proposed meetings and activities to be undertaken with the Fellowship. These documents should be uploaded in PDF format.
The Fellowship will provide a maximum of $15,000. Fill in the budget table in the application form with the Fellowship amount, as well as any in-kind or other funding you might have, and show which components of the project the Fellowship grant will support by placing ‘RA’ in the Expense/Expenditure column against the items this fellowship will support. Please view our sample budget on the website.