Every year, NAIDOC Week provides an opportunity to celebrate the history, culture and achievements of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. This year’s theme of Heal Country! invites us to embrace First Nations’ cultural knowledge and understanding of Country as part of our national heritage.
Our annual colouring competition returns with FOUR new designs, one of which doubles as a fun maze! They all come courtesy of Charmaine Ledden-Lewis, a descendant of the Bundjalung people and the illustrator of Bruce Pascoe‘s award-winning picture book Found. Charmaine’s exclusive designs seem to leap straight from the pages of the book, which sets a small calf’s journey to find his family against the backdrop of the bush.
The competition will be judged in two categories: Foundation to Year 3, and Year 4 to Year 6. One winner in each category will win book vouchers for themselves and their school libraries!
- Download any or all of the sheet(s) to distribute to your students:
- Snap or scan a picture of their work.
- Email all entries to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 10 September 2021.
- Entries will be judged in two categories: Foundation to Year 3 OR Year 4 to Year 6.
- The winner of each category will receive a Booktopia voucher worth $100 (and an equivalent voucher for their school library).
- Please use a clear subject line, such as “NAIDOC Week colouring competition”, and include each student’s first name, year level and school name with their entries.
- Entries close at 5pm on Friday 10 September 2021.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By entering you’re agreeing to the terms and conditions:
- This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged and based upon individual merit.
- All entries become and remain the property of the promoter and agencies associated with this promotion (The Copyright Agency and subsidiaries).
- Two winners will be determined from among the entries: one from Foundation to Year 3, and one from Year 4 to Year 6. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Contest closes 5pm (AEST) 10 September 2021. The winners will be notified by 5pm 1 October.
- Two winners will each receive a Booktopia voucher worth $100. The winners’ school libraries will receive the same prize.
- The prize is non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash.