A unique picture book collaboration about having fun, sharing culture and the power of story and dance. A picture book to get the whole town dancing.
From pizza shop to bora ground, here is a joyous celebration of food, dance and cultural understanding.
When three young boys go to a pizza parlour and meet an Aboriginal chef who can speak Italian and make a deadly pizza, they’re in for a surprise!
All you fellas watching, come up, join in, warrima.
Clap your hands, little ones.
Stamp your feet, nannas.
Get down and dance, you smart young things, mummas and daddas.
Let’s get the whole town dancing!
Boori Monty Pryor is a storyteller, dancer, writer and educator, and Jan Ormerod is an internationally acclaimed picture-book author and illustrator. This glorious book is the first one they have cooked up together.
- Winner, 2011 Prime Minister’s Literary Awards, Children’s fiction
- Shortlisted, 2011 Speech Pathology Australia’s Book of the Year, Lower Primary
- Shortlisted, 2011 Speech Pathology Australia’s Book of the Year, Indigenous Children
- Notable Book, 2011 Children’s Book Council of Australia Book of the Year, Younger Readers
- Notable Book, 2011 Children’s Book Council of Australia Book of the Year, Picture Book