When Ellie and her friends return from a camping trip in the Australian bush, they find things hideously wrong – their families are gone. Gradually they begin to comprehend that their country has been invaded and everyone in their town has been taken prisoner. As the reality of the situation hits them, they must make a decision – run and hide, give themselves up and be with their families, or fight back.
Somewhere out there Ellie and her friends are hiding.
They’re shocked, they’re frightened, they’re alone.
Their world has changed, with the speed of a slamming door.
They’ve got no weapons – except courage.
They’ve got no help – except themselves.
They’ve got nothing – except friendship.
How strong can you be, when the world is full of people trying to kill you?
Tomorrow, When the War Began is the first book in the bestselling series that has been translated and published all over the world.
It is the book that started the series that became the legend.
- Winner 1994 Australian Multicultural Children’s Book Award
- Winner 1995 KOALA Secondary Award
- Winner 1995 YABBA Fiction for Older Readers
- Winner 1995 WAYRBA for Older Readers
- Winner 1996 Fanfare Horn Book Best Book Award
- Winner 1998 BILBY Award for Older Readers