Melina Marchetta’s stunning debut novel Looking for Alibrandi is one girl’s story of her final year at school, a year she sets herself free.
Josephine Alibrandi is seventeen and in her final year at a wealthy girls’ school. This is the year she meets her father, the year she falls in love, the year she searches for Alibrandi and finds the real truth about her family – and the identity she has been searching for.
A moving and revealing book, unusual for its honesty and its insight into the life of a young person on the brink of adulthood. Multi-award-winning, a bestseller and made into an award-winning feature film, Looking for Alibrandi has become a modern classic.
Looking for Alibrandi has won and been short-listed for a huge number of awards, including:
- Winner 2003 Books I Love Best Yearly: Older Readers (QLD)
- Winner 1993 Children’s Book Council Book of the Year
- Winner 1993 Kids Own Australian Literature Award
- Short-listed 2001 and 1994 Young Australia Best Book Award
- Short-listed 1993 Children’s Peace Literature Award