To celebrate NAIDOC Week we are giving two primary students in Australia the opportunity to win a stack of books written and illustrated by Indigenous creators!
The Lizard Gang will introduce your students to Zed, Boo, Eliza and Zoro – a spirited gang of monitor lizards who are constantly trying to outdo each other. They live deep in the Australian bush and are forced to learn the real meaning of teamwork when they have to band together to escape a raging flood.
As these materials are subject to copyright, we have sought permission from the publisher, Magabala Books, and the illustrator, Grace Fielding, to make this wonderful colouring sheet available exclusively for this Reading Australia competition.
The colouring sheet accompanies the resource for The Lizard Gang. It is the perfect activity for your students to complete during NAIDOC Week, and a great introduction to learning about Indigenous culture.
To enter the competition, simply:
- Download the colouring page and hand it out to your students
- Snap a picture or a scan of their work (no people to be included in shot)
- Email entries to: email@example.com
- There are two categories to enter under: Foundation to Year 3, and Year 4 to Year 6.
- When sending in your entries, be sure to include the name of the school, the student’s first name and year level.
- Get your entries in by 5 pm, 9 August 2018.
- The winner of the Foundation to Year 3 category will receive a prize pack containing copies of The Lizard Gang, When We Go Walkabout, and Two Mates.
- The winner of the Year 4 to Year 6 category will receive a prize pack containing copies of Shake a Leg, Alfred’s War, and My Girragundji.
By entering you’re agreeing to the terms and conditions:
- This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon individual creativity.
- All entries become and remain the property of the promoter and agencies associated with this promotion (The Copyright Agency and subsidiaries).
- One winner will be judged as the best from all entries, in two categories A) Foundation to Year 3 and B) Year 4 to Year 6.The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Contest closes 5 pm 9 August, 2018. Winners will be notified by 5 pm 23 August.
- The winner of the Foundation to Year 3 category will receive a prize pack containing copies of The Lizard Gang, When We Go Walkabout, and Two Mates worth a value of $47.95.
- The winner of the Year 4 to Year 6 category will receive a prize pack containing copies of Shake a Leg, Alfred’s War, and My Girragundji worth a value of $49.20.
- The prize is non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash.